Valve Cover Guard Set "Dakar" by Wunderlich
$457.95, save $228.97
- Sold Per Pair
- Brand Wunderlich
Valve Cover Guard Set
Life insurance for the exposed and damage-prone cylinder head covers! The goal was to create a strong and robust guard, offering outstanding protection but with an elegant, unobtrusive appearance. This could not be achieved to our standards by simply forming a single piece of aluminum.
The result of extensive testing and design led to this intricate three piece design, where the impact point is protected, supported by an upper and lower piece of 3 mm thick hard anodized aluminum, each of which also protects the valve cover.
The leading and trailing edges of the valve cover are protected by a double layer of aluminum and therefore have 6 mm of aluminum protection. Two of the three mounting points also benefit from this two layer design, making the attachment points of these covers particularly robust.
- Protection from impacts, falls and slides
- No more grinding of holes in cover.
- Protects the cylinder head cover from moving and destroying the bolt threads in the cylinder (cover attachment to head is "floating", without protection it could move at impact).
- Protection for the front attachment bolt.
- Load is spread over many points via flexible 3M rubber bumpers.
- No bolts etc at the front impact area.
- Thick billet slide pad on each side.
- 3 major double strength attachment points.
- Hard anodized aircraft-spec aluminum alloy.
- Spark plugs can be reached without dismantling.
- Easy to fit
Sold as a complete set for the left and right side.
Make/Model/YearBMW / R1200RT / 2014, BMW / R1200RS / 2016, BMW / R1200R / 2015, BMW / R1200R / 2016, BMW / R1200RS / 2017, BMW / R1200R / 2017, BMW / R1200GS Adventure / 2017, BMW / R1200GS / 2017, BMW / R1200GS Adventure / 2018, BMW / R1200RS / 2015, BMW / R1200GS Adventure / 2016, BMW / R1200RT / 2015, BMW / R1200RT / 2016, BMW / R1200GS / 2013, BMW / R1200GS / 2014, BMW / R1200GS / 2015, BMW / R1200GS / 2016, BMW / R1200GS Adventure / 2014, BMW / R1200GS Adventure / 2015, BMW / R1200GS / 2018
ProductEngine & Frame Sliders