Installation Instructions for Ducati Frame Slider Kit
Congratulations! You have just purchased the world’s finest clutch protection slider kit for for your Ducati. These sliders have been designed to offer unsurpassed protection for your bike in the unfortunate event of a lowside or tip over. Motovation frame protection slider kits are designed and manufactured by a company that only makes frame sliders. Each and every model is tested for drop and slide protection. They are tough but not brittle and can also absorb a huge impact. Sportsriders around the world who have tested various models of our products on the track have all given their thumbs up after experiencing first hand, the benefits of Motovation Sliders.
Please read all instructions before beginning work! These frame sliders are designed to fit specific engine mounts of your bike. It is highly recommended that you refer to your service manual before performing this installation. If you are unsure about the tightening torque, check your motorcycle's manual for a quick reference guide
Included in this kit:
2 x frame sliders with aluminum inserts
1 x stainless steel 12mm threaded rod
1 x gripnut(one side)and 1 stainless steel nut with washers (other side)
2 x 19mm deep sockets
1) Make sure the bike is on a stand and vertical, and make sure that the engine is supported from below by blocks.
2) Remove the rubber bungs that cover the left and right mounting points as seen in the above picture.
3) Loosen and remove the mid engine support rod's nut on the right side (right while sitting on bike). You may have to secure the left side with an allen key to do this.
4) From the right side, install the slider with the larger diameter insert into the frame and insert the rod (the end with shorter length of threads) through the slider till it meets the factory engine bolt. Using a rubber mallet, very gently drive the factory bolt out. It should come out pretty easily. Do not use excessive force as this may damage the threads on the supplied rod. Although unlikely, if it does not come out easily you may have to lower or raise the engine supporting blocks a bit.
5) Once the factory bolt is driven out and the supplied threaded rod is protruding out from the left side (the end with the shorter length of threads), install the left slider using the supplied gripnut and flat washer. It may be necessary to loosen or tighten the nuts to ensure that sufficient amount of threads are exposed on each side. Tighten the nuts to factory specifications.
Do Not Over Tighten!
Thank-you for purchasing Motovation products. Please ride safe and always wear protective clothing.
WARRANTY AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Except as may be expressly set forth in the product invoice, MotovationUSA makes no representations or warranties as to any of the products distributed by us, expressed or implied, including without limitation any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Motorcycles can be dangerous. MotovationUSA has no control over the usage of any part and expects their customers to exercise good judgment as to the proper selection, installation, use and maintenance of any part. MotovationUSA assumes no responsibility for damage or injury of any kind because of the misuse or improper application of any part in any way by any person. MotovationUSA shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential damages whatsoever. All matters shall be interpreted under Texas law. All merchandise distributed by MotovationUSA is guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship only. Final decision will be made in a just and prompt manner. Replacement will be limited to parts only and does not include labor claims of any type. If the manufacturer has a written warranty, it will be included with the item you purchased. The manufacturer shall be solely responsible for any damage to person or property arising from design and manufacture and testing of its products and we accept no liability for such damages. We shall not be liable for consequential damages.
© 2005 Motovation Accessories, LLC