The ATS-1 helmet is the culmination of the exceptional engineering capabilities of the 6D team. The goal was to build the safest street helmet in the world while providing the rider with features and benefits superior to those found in the most premium helmets in the market. The ATS-1 far exceeds these goals with its exceptional energy management capabilities, quality build level, and luxurious comfort and fit. Every detail of this helmet was painstakingly engineered from scratch to meet the design and performance specifications demanded by 6D. The results speak for themselves; aerodynamic, sleek, and functional with exceptionally strong design and aesthetic appeal.
3K Carbon Fiber Shell Layup – Advanced proprietary blend of aerospace carbon is remarkably strong, yet extremely light.
The 6D ATS-1 is certified to exceed US DOT FMVSS 218 (United States), ECE 22.05 (47 Countries World-Wide), and ACU (United Kingdom) standards.
ONLY 6D HAS OMNI-DIRECTIONAL SUSPENSION
6D’s revolutionary patented Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology represents a fully active, in-helmet suspension and kinetic energy management system. Engineered to uncouple the helmet’s exterior shell from the inner EPS liner, the system effectively mitigates energy transfer to the head and brain of the rider during any given accident or impact event. The ODS system is comprised of 2 EPS liners separated by an array of elastomeric isolation dampers that allow the system to sheer and displace 3-dimensionally when subjected to impact.
Omni-Directional Suspension functions over a much broader range of energy demands, including LOW, MID and HIGH-Velocity impacts for both Angular and Linear accelerations when compared to other competing helmets, and helmet technologies.
There is simply no other helmet, or helmet technology that can provide the exceptional energy management benefits of Omni-Directional Suspension.
ELASTOMERIC ISOLATION DAMPER
This damper is the heart and soul of 6D’s exclusive Omni-Directional Suspension technology. An array of dampers work in unison with the dual EPS liners to isolate impact energy from the brain. The elastic properties of the dampers, combined with their unique ‘hourglass’ shape provide a progressive spring rate that manages low and mid-velocity accelerations, while simultaneously allowing the inner EPS liner to displace and shear in 3-dimensional space. This omni-directional displacement capability of the EPS liners provides ‘six degrees of freedom’, which became the inspiration for the company name; ‘6D Helmets.’
PROPRIETARY FACE SHIELD
Engineered to provide maximum functionality and ease of use, the face shield incorporates a lock-down lever that doubles to provide incremental ventilation when needed. 10 distinctive ratchet positions offer a setting for every riding possibility, and the articulating pivot ensures a snug fit to the shell when closed. Shield changes are quick and easy requiring no tools.
A beveled top edge improves laminar flow onto the helmet’s surface reducing buffeting and wind noise, while the shield’s flat surface accepts accessory tear-offs for race applications. All shields are treated for anti-scratch inside and out, provide UV protection, and distortion free vision. (Exceeds VESC-8 standards)
- Anti-Scratch Shields – Premium shield protection on both inner and outer surfaces. Accessory Dark Smoke shield is treated for anti-fog.
- Clear PINLOCK® anti-fog insert included with purchase and installs easily on the stock clear face shield.
- Locking Shield Lever – Securely locks the shield in the closed position, or cracks shield open for ventilation.
ODS AIR-GAP™ VENTILATION SYSTEM
The 6D ATS-1 helmet incorporates an advanced air flow management system designed to provide adjustable air flow throughout the entire helmet. This air flow system aids in heat and moisture evacuation from within the helmet’s interior providing a comfortable environment for all riding conditions.
4 adjustable intake ports channel fresh air into the helmet where it is managed by a network of 15 transfer ports and 5 exhaust ports to keep the air moving.
- Rear Delta Vent – Aids heat dissipation and comfort by scavenging air from within the helmet.
- Removable Neck Cuff exposes the rear air-gap for maximum airflow in warm weather riding conditions.
- Air Intakes – Sculpted adjustable intakes direct air into the chin, brow, and crown regions of the helmet and are easily operated with gloves on.
- Exhaust Vents – Optimally positioned top, side, and rear exhaust vents take advantage of the negative-pressure effects of air traveling over the helmet’s surface to aid internal air circulation. Exhaust vent covers reduce wind noise and increase scavenging effect.
- Aerodynamic Wing – Advanced CAD design maximizes aerodynamic efficiency reducing drag, buffeting, and lift at higher speeds while simultaneously increasing negative air pressure under the wing to assist scavenging air from within the helmet.
INTERIOR COMFORT LINER
Removable and washable, the 6D ATS-1 comfort liner is as advanced as the helmet! Convertible for warm weather riding by simple removal of the rear neck cuff, the air flow characteristics can be significantly altered. High-tech fabrics mated to CAD designed internal padding provides superior comfort, noise reduction, and moisture dissipation.
- Integrated Speaker Pockets are recessed to provide room for internal speaker and intercom installation.
- Eyewear Compatible – Comfort liner accommodates most designs of glasses.
- Internal Brow Vents – Pulls air across the inside of the shields’ surface to aid cooling and fogging dissipation.
- Internal Breath Guard – Directs fresh air up the inside of the shield, while exhausting breath down and out to reduce fogging.
- Removable Chin Cuff – Aids in noise reduction and interior comfort in cool riding conditions.
Note: Please review our Gear & Apparel Return Policy before ordering. We welcome you to visit our showroom location to try on these helmets.
Note: Clear face shield with Pinlock setup is included. Additional visor colors are available separately. See related products.